Reference code(s): GB 0074 ACC/0016
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: HONEYLANDS AND PENTRICHES MANOR
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.15 linear metres.
Name of creator(s): Manor of Honeylands and Pentriches | Enfield
Manor of Worcesters | Enfield
The Manor of Honeylands and Pentriches was situated near Enfield. It was named for Ellis of Honeyland who held land in the area in 1275. The manor was also called Capels after the later owner Sir William Capel. The manor passed through several hands before manorial rights were extinguished after 1901.
The manor of Worcesters was formed in 1298 by John of Enfield. The manor was named for the owner in 1470, John, earl of Worcester. In 1550 it was granted to Princess Elizabeth. As queen she granted it to Robert Cecil, although it was later sold and passed through various owners. The house and land were purchased by the Enfield Urban District Council in 1951.
Source of information: 'Enfield: Manors', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 5: Hendon, Kingsbury, Great Stanmore, Little Stanmore, Edmonton Enfield, Monken Hadley, South Mimms, Tottenham (1976), pp. 224-229.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records relating to the manor of Honeylands and Pentriches and the manor of Worcesters, Enfield; including court books and rolls for the Court Baron, Court Leet and Court of Survey; rentals and surveys; plans; and quit rents.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The original order of the records has been maintained.
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to this collection rests with the City of London.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited in February 1934.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: January to May 2011.