Reference code(s): GB 0074 ACC/2712/PGS
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: PALMERS GREEN AND SOUTHGATE SYNAGOGUE
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.01 linear metres.
Name of creator(s): Palmers Green and Southgate Synagogue
The Palmers Green and Southgate Synagogue originated in meetings held in private houses from the 1920s onwards, at which time it was known as the Palmers Green Hebrew Congregation. The community became affiliated with the United Synagogue in 1934, while a permanent synagogue was constructed in 1936, and was known as Palmers Green and Southgate District Synagogue. The building was badly damaged in 1944 but was rebuilt in 1947.
Scope and content/abstract:
Annual report for Palmers Green and Southgate Synagogue, 1947-48.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
One item catalogued under ACC/2712/PGS/01: Administration.
Conditions governing access:
Access by written permission only.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to this collection rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited as part of an accession of United Synagogue material in 2007.
Part of the ACC/2712 collection of records of the United Synagogue.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: Records prepared May to September 2011.