Reference code(s): GB 0074 P97/FRA
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT FRANCIS, ELTHAM: HORN PARK, GREENWICH
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.17 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Saint Francis, Eltham | Church of England
Saint Francis, Eltham was originally a daughter church of Saint John the Baptist, Eltham and was used as a mission church until 1962. Between 1946 and 1953, it appears to have been known as Talbot Settlement Number 2 and was located in a temporary structure in Hengist Road.
In 1953, a permanent church, designed by Ralph Covell, opened at the corner of Sibthorpe Road and Hengist Road.
Between 1981 and 2006, the church was leased to Horn Park Community Association.
From 2006, the church was used by the parish of Saint Saviour, Eltham.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Francis, Eltham, including registers of baptisms (1967-1979), marriages (1955-1971) and confirmations.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Arranged by sub-fonds then into series; thereafter files are listed in chronological order by creation date.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright is held by the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited in 2013.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: Added Jul 2014.