Reference code(s): GB 0074 LMA/4732
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: TOTTENHAM HEBREW CONGREGATION
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.5 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Tottenham Hebrew Congregation Trust | 1904-2003
Originally formed in 1904, the Tottenham Hebrew Congregation, which moved to 336A High Road Tottenham N17 in 1911, was an Ashkenazi Orthodox synagogue affiliated with the Federation of Synagogues. In 2003 it was decided to close the synagogue owing to the dwindling demand and the dilapidated state of the building.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records relating to the Tottenham Hebrew Congregation including finance and Talmud Torah class administration and correspondence. Also includes printed material relating to annual reports and dinner dances, photographs and building plans.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English and Hebrew.
System of arrangement:
This collection is arranged into five sections as follows:
LMA/4732/01 - Finance;
LMA/4732/02 - Administration;
LMA/4732/03 - Printed Material;
LMA/4732/04 - Photographs;
LMA/4732/05 - Plans.
Conditions governing access:
Access by written permission only.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited in September 2005.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: Description added December 2017.