AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

KENTISH TOWN CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): N/C/56
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: KENTISH TOWN CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH
Date(s): 1894-1905
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.01 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Congregational Church of England and Wales

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

The Congregational Church in Kentish Town was first founded in 1807 in Kentish Town Road. Membership grew rapidly and by the 1840s it was necessary to construct a larger building. The foundation stone of a new building on Kelly Street was laid in November 1847. The new chapel was opened on August 15th 1848. The first chapel was converted into a day school and Sunday School. The Church did not join the United Reformed Church in 1972 when the Congregational Church merged with the Presbyterian Church and remains the Kelly Street Congregational Church.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Counterpart Lease for Land and Church buildings in Church Terrace, Kentish Town, Saint Pancras, 1849; counterpart lease for land in Congregational Church Avenue, Kentish Town, Saint Pancras, 1851; scrapbook containing notes, correspondence, membership cards, newspaper cuttings, programmes and similar, relating to the Church, Sunday School, Christian Endeavour Society, Total Abstinence Union and other Church societies, 1897-1905; Monthly Magazine, 1902-1903.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

Property Records; Scrapbook and printed items.

Conditions governing access:

Available for general access.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright: Depositor

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Deposited 18 March 1965 (AC/65/024), and on 3 April 1975 (AC/75/020).

Allied Materials

Related material:

See LMA/4167 for marriage registers


Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
January to March 2009

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING