AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

EBENEZER CHAPEL, KING STREET (LATER ALBION CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH, DALLING ROAD, HAMMERSMITH

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): N/C/07
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: EBENEZER CHAPEL, KING STREET (LATER ALBION CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH, DALLING ROAD, HAMMERSMITH
Date(s): 1784-1939
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.35 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Congregational Church of England and Wales

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

The Ebenezer Chapel, King Street, Hammersmith, was founded in 1774 although the chapel was not ready until 1784. In 1855 the congregation moved to the Albion Congregational Church, Dalling Road, Hammersmith. The church subsequently closed and is now occupied by the Salvation Army.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the Ebenezer Chapel, King Street, Hammersmith, later the Albion Congregational Church, Dalling Road, Hammersmith, including volume, 1784-1849, containing articles and rules for faith and practice, 1784, roll of church members, 1784-1849 and register of events such as admission of new members, resignation of and invitations to pastors and so on, 1785-1819; Church book, 1881-1938, containing historical account of church covering period 1774-1938, minutes of Church Meetings, 1881-1886, roll of members, 1857-1938, register of marriages, 1881-1938, register of baptisms, 1881-1938, register of burials, 1881-1886; register of baptisms, 1875-[1880]; volume containing minutes of Church Meetings, 1923-1938, history of church covering 1774-1932 and note on the closure of the church, 1938.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

Three volumes.

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright: Depositor

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Deposited on 20 August 1964 (AC/64/48) and 18 March 1965 (AC/65/24).

Allied Materials

Related material:

Further records are held at the Hammersmith and Fulham Archives and Local Studies Center.


Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
January to March 2009

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING