AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

SAINT JOHN'S UNITED REFORMED CHURCH, DEVONSHIRE ROAD, FOREST HILL

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): LMA/4394
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: SAINT JOHN'S UNITED REFORMED CHURCH, DEVONSHIRE ROAD, FOREST HILL
Date(s): 1870-1972
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.83 linear meters
Name of creator(s): Presbyterian Church of England

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

Saint John's Presbyterian Church was founded in 1870. The church was built in 1884 on Devonshire Road, Forest Hill. It came under the Presbytery of London South. Following the merger of the Presbyterian and Congregational Churches in 1972 it became Saint John's United Reformed Church and is still situated on Devonshire Road.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of Saint John's Presbyterian Church, Forest Hill, including Court of Session minute books, 1871-1972; Manager's Court minute books, 1870-1972; minute book of the Trustees of Ewart Road Mission Hall, including schedule of deeds, 1902-1919; minute book of the Trustees of St John's Church, including schedule of deeds, related correspondence and a plan of the church and its grounds, 1902-1938; Communicants' roll book, 1880-1957 and Treasurer's account book, 1870.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

Records relating to meetings LMA/4394/A, and registers and administration LMA/4394/B.

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright: Depositor

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Deposited by the United Reformed Church (URC) History Society in 2001 (B01/024).

Allied Materials

Related material:


Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
January to March 2009

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING