AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area


Identity Statement

Reference code(s): LMA/4349
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at ›
Date(s): 1883-1927
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.16 linear meters
Name of creator(s): Presbyterian Church of England


Administrative/Biographical history:

Willesden Presbyterian church opened in 1875 in a hall seating 150 at Fortune Gate, Harlesden. In 1876 a chapel was built at the junction of Nicoll Road and Craven Park Road and the church was renamed Saint Margaret Presbyterian Church. The chapel was extended in 1884 and 1894. The name was changed to Saint Margaret United Reformed church in 1959 and Saint Margaret and Saint George United Reformed and Moravian church in 1974 following a merger with nearby Saint George Presbyterian Church.

From: A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 7: Acton, Chiswick, Ealing and Brentford, West Twyford, Willesden (1982), pp. 242-246.


Scope and content/abstract:

Records of Willesden Presbyterian Church, later Saint Margaret Presbyterian Church, comprising Deacons' Court minute book, 1910-1922 and annual reports, 1883-1927.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:

System of arrangement:

Minute books; reports.

Conditions governing access:

Available for general access.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright: Depositor

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at:

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Deposited by the United Reformed Church (URC) History Society in 2001 (B01/024).

Allied Materials

Related material:

For records of Saint George Presbyterian Church see LMA/4150 and LMA/4315.

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
January to March 2009

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"