AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area


Identity Statement

Reference code(s): LMA/4323
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at ›
Date(s): 1786-1972
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.63 linear meters
Name of creator(s): Presbyterian Church of England


Administrative/Biographical history:

The Oxendon Presbyterian Church was founded in 1737 in Great Street. It moved to Oxendon Chapel, on Oxendon Street, Haymarket, in 1808. In 1878 it moved to Haverstock Hill, at the junction of Prince of Wales Road and Maitland Park, Belsize Park, taking the name Oxendon Presbyterian Church to commemorate its previous location. It was damaged during the Second World War and was not reopened until 1957.


Scope and content/abstract:

Records of Oxendon Presbyterian Church including Court of Session Minute books, 1817-1938; Managers minute books, 1829-1966; Sunday School teachers' minute book including statistical records, 1903-1931; Young People's Guild minute books, 1910-1926; Literary Society minute book, 1911-1919; Communicants' roll books, 1866-1960; register of baptisms, 1836-1969; financial accounts, 1786-1959 and Literary Society talks, 1912-1913.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:

System of arrangement:

Records relating to meetings LMA/4323/A, registers LMA/4323/B, finance LMA/4323/C, and church records LMA/4323/D.

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright: Depositor

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at:

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Deposited by the United Reformed Church (URC) History Society in 2001 (B01/024).

Allied Materials

Related material:

See also LMA/4303/E for some records relating to Oxendon Presbyterian Church Literary Society, and LMA/4170 for marriage registers.

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
January to March 2009

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"