AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

SAINT GEORGE'S UNITED REFORMED CHURCH, BRONDESBURY

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): LMA/4315
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: SAINT GEORGE'S UNITED REFORMED CHURCH, BRONDESBURY
Date(s): 1884-1966
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.3 linear meters
Name of creator(s): Presbyterian Church of England

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

Saint George's Presbyterian Church was built in 1888 in the Early English style, with seating for 550. It was constructed in Willesden Lane, Brondesbury. The church closed in 1973 and the congregation united with that of Saint Margaret's Presbyterian Church, which changed its name to Saint Margaret and Saint George United Reformed and Moravian Church. The church building is now used as a Hindu temple.

From: A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 7: Acton, Chiswick, Ealing and Brentford, West Twyford, Willesden (1982), pp. 242-246.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of Saint George's Presbyterian Church (later Saint Margaret and Saint George United Reformed and Moravian Church), including Court of Session minute books, 1886-1963; Congregational Committee minute books, 1884-1955; Management Committee minute book, 1955-1966; Annual General Meeting minute book, 1940-1952; Annual reports and handbooks, 1887-1926; Communicants' roll books, 1887-1957 and vestry record book, 1886-1895.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

Records relating to meetings (LMA/4315/A) and registers (LMA/4315/B).

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright: Depositor

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Deposited by the United Reformed Church (URC) History Society in 2001 (B01/024).

Allied Materials

Related material:

See also LMA/4150.


Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
January to March 2009

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING