AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

BRUNSWICK METHODIST CHAPEL, LIMEHOUSE

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): N/M/042-1
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: BRUNSWICK METHODIST CHAPEL, LIMEHOUSE
Date(s): 1819-1965
Level of description: Collection
View parent record
Extent: 0.46 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Methodist Church of Great Britain x United Methodist Church x Wesleyan Methodist Church x Primitive Methodist Church

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

Brunswick Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was situated on Three Colt Street, Limehouse. The building was sold to the London County Council in 1965.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Register of baptisms of Brunswick Chapel, Limehouse, 1909- 1954; baptism certificate stubs, 1947-1963; register of names in Brunswick Chapel burial ground and vaults, 1831-1853; minute book of trustees' meetings, 1847-1965; minute book of meetings of the trustees of Mitre Schools, 1878-1933; booklet of the Limehouse Wesleyan Sunday School of the Seamen's Mission at Brunswick Chapel, 1913; minute book of meetings of the Wesley Guild Executive, 1922-1940; Collection book of the Wesleyan Foreign Missionary Society, Limehouse based at Brunswick Chapel, 1891-1913; schedule of deeds and documents relating to Limehouse Chapel, 1723-1899, compiled 1899; general correspondence, 1901-1902 and 1940; agreement regarding the improvement and alteration of the Mitre Schools, 1819; Memorandum of Choice and Appointment of new Trustees of the Wesleyan Methodist Sunday School and Trust Property at Mitre Buildings, Limehouse, 1899 and 1911; Fire Insurance Policy of the Wesleyan Methodist Trust Assurance Company Limited, 1884; Conveyance in Trust for vacant ground lying on south side of and near to the Works of the Blackwall Railway Company in street leading from Church Lane to Three Colt Street called Mitre Buildings, Limehouse, 1842; schedule of deeds and other documents relating to Brunswick Chapel and the Mitre Schools, Limehouse, 1934.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

N/M/042/1: First West London and Second London Circuits; N/M/042/2: Islington Circuit; N/M/042/3: Camden Town; N/M/042/4-11: Spitalfields Chapel; N/M/042/12-14: Caledonian Road Chapel; N/M/042/15-22: Saint George's East Chapel, Cable Street, Poplar; N/M/042/23-25: Deptford Circuit; N/M/042/26: Walworth; N/M/042/27: Forest Hill Chapel; N/M/042/28-29: Grove Wesleyan Mission; N/M/042/30-68: Brunswick Methodist Church, Limehouse; N/M/042/69-74: Seamen's Mission Circuit; N/M/042/75-140: Barking Road Methodist Society.

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright: Depositor

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Deposited in 1977 (AC/77/067).

Allied Materials

Related material:


Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
January to March 2009

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING