AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area


Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 ACC/0770
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at ›
Date(s): 1610-1887
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.01 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Burlin, Yeates and Hart | solicitors


Administrative/Biographical history:

In 1852 Preston Farm consisted of 243 acres, most of which was later bought by Harrow School and used for playing fields. The rest of the farm was sold for development in the 1920s.

The manor of Uxendon, first so named in 1373, consisted of a collection of interests and property on the eastern borders of Harrow parish. In 1606 the manor was passed to Richard Page [mentioned in the documents in this collection] and remained the property of the Page family until 1825; when Henry Page, of weak intellect and frequently drunk, was cheated out of the deeds by a Henry Young, who lived in the house until 1869. He left instructions that the estates were to be sold for the benefit of his wife and children. By 1914 the house was being used by the Lancaster Shooting Club. It fell into decay and in 1933 the railway line from Wembley Park to Stanmore was built across the site.

Source: A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 4: Harmondsworth, Hayes, Norwood with Southall, Hillingdon with Uxbridge, Ickenham, Northolt, Perivale, Ruislip, Edgware, Harrow with Pinner (1971).


Scope and content/abstract:

Papers, 1610-1887, collected by the solicitors in the course of their work, comprising legal documents relating to property in Westminster, Uxendon, Preston, Kenton and Wembley, including Preston Farm and Uxendon Manor House.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:

System of arrangement:

4 items.

Conditions governing access:

Available for general access.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright rests with the City of London.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at:

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Received in 1961 (ACC/0770).

Allied Materials

Related material:

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
July to October 2009

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"