AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

SAINT MATTHEW, MUSWELL HILL: COPPETS ROAD, HARINGEY

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/050
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: SAINT MATTHEW, MUSWELL HILL: COPPETS ROAD, HARINGEY
Date(s): 1925-1979
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.13 linear metres (103 documents).
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Matthew, Muswell Hill | Church of England

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

St Matthew's mission church was built in 1926 in Coppett's Road in the parish of St James, Muswell Hill. This later became the small church hall. A larger church hall was built in 1933-4 to serve as a temporary church. St Matthew's was assigned a conventional district in 1934, and, on 11 December 1939, this became a parish. The permanent church was consecrated on 6 July 1940. The church was closed in 1978. On 1 August 1979 the parish was united with St James, Muswell Hill.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of Saint Matthew, Muswell Hill, including registers of baptisms, marriages, banns of marriage, and church services; papers regarding the church building and fittings, the vicarage and the church hall, including designs; financial accounts; correspondence; Vestry and Parochial Church Council minutes; parish magazines and orders of service.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

Records arranged in one series: Parish Records (DRO/050-1).

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Deposited in the Greater London Record Office by the Vicar of St James with St Matthew, Muswell Hill, 22 February 1982.

Allied Materials

Related material:

For Saint James' Muswell Hill see DRO/049.

For documents relating to the small hall used as a mission church 1926-1934 and to the church hall used as a temporary church 1934-1940, see DRO/050/042/64-76.


Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
March to April 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING