AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

SAINT MICHAEL, WOOD GREEN: BOUNDS GREEN ROAD, HARINGEY

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/069
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: SAINT MICHAEL, WOOD GREEN: BOUNDS GREEN ROAD, HARINGEY
Date(s): 1866-1997
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 3.33 linear metres (153 files).
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Michael, Wood Green | Church of England

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

Saint Michael's Church, Wood Green, was designed by the architects George Gilbert Scott and WB Moffat and consecrated as a chapel of ease in 1844. Following a temporary closure in the 1850s due to problems of subsidence, it was reconstructed in 1865. In 1866 Saint Michael's became a district chapelry, taken from the parent parish, with the vicar of Tottenham as patron. Saint Michael's ran two mission churches: Saint John, Brook Road was dedicated in 1898, and the Good Shepherd, Berwick Road was dedicated in 1916.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of Saint Michael, Wood Green, including registers of baptisms, marriages, confirmations and church services; orders of service; correspondence; Churchwardens' financial accounts; Saint Michael's Fellowship minutes; papers of the Sunday School; papers of the Saint Michael's Athletic Association; history of the church; parish magazines; and photographs.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

Records arranged in one series: Parish Records (DRO/069-1).

Conditions governing access:

Files DRO/069/001-026 are not available for consultation, please use microfilms.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Parish records of St Michael, Wood Green, deposited in the Greater London Record Office by the Rector of Wood Green Team Ministry 24 November 1986. Further records deposited 24 November 1986.

Allied Materials

Related material:

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
March to April 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING