AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

SAINT MICHAEL AND ALL ANGELS, ENFIELD: GORDON HILL, ENFIELD

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/091
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: SAINT MICHAEL AND ALL ANGELS, ENFIELD: GORDON HILL, ENFIELD
Date(s): 1879-1985
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.13 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Michael and All Angels, Enfield | Church of England

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

In the late nineteenth century the church of St Michael and All Angels was built as a chapel of ease to Enfield parish church and was therefore served by clergy from that church. A schoolroom near the junction of Chase Side and Gordon Hill was licensed for services in 1871. The permanent church was built in 1873 in land given by George Batters of Brigadier Hall. A parish was formed in 1931. The church, which was designed by R.H. Carpenter, was left unfinished in 1874 because of lack of funds; it is a ragstone building in a fourteenth century style.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of Saint Michael and All Angels, Enfield, including registers of baptisms, marriages, confirmations, banns of marriage and church services; Parochial Church Council minutes and correspondence; brochures and orders of service; and curates' licences.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

DRO/091/001-022: Registers; DRO/091/023-037: Other parish records.

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Parish records deposited by the Incumbent, on 23 November 1992. Subsequent deposit in December 1992.

Allied Materials

Related material:

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
March to April 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING