AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area


Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 P82/TRI1
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at ›
Date(s): 1841-1964
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 2.11 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of Holy Trinity, Kingsway | Church of England


Administrative/Biographical history:

The first church of the Holy Trinity in Holborn was situated on Little Queen Street, as Kingsway had not yet been constructed. It was built in 1829-1831, but was demolished in 1909 after work on the Piccadilly Line undermined the foundations. A new church was built between 1909 and 1911, designed by Belcher and Joass and modelled on the church of Santa Maria della Pace in Rome. This church was closed by 1991.


Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of Holy Trinity, Kingsway, including registers of baptisms, marriages, preachers and church services; Vestry meeting minutes; Parochial Church Council meeting minutes; financial accounts and papers regarding income and the benefice; papers relating to the church building, including faculties and plans, and papers relating to other buildings in the area which affected the church; papers regarding parish reorganisations including maps; papers regarding church societies; appeals for funds; correspondence; licences and papers regarding staff.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:

System of arrangement:

P82/TRI1/001-018: Parish Registers; P82/TRI1/019-199: Other Parish Records.

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information may be subject to access restrictions.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at:

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Records of Holy Trinity, Kingsway, Holborn, deposited by the Vicar in the London County Record Office, County Hall, SE1. 4 December 1964.

Allied Materials

Related material:

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
March to April 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"