AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area


Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/178
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at ›
Date(s): 1903-1988
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 2.81 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Martin, West Acton | Church of England


Administrative/Biographical history:

The parish of Saint Martin was founded in 1907 from parts of the parishes of Saint Mary's, Acton, and Christ Church, Acton and Saint Mary's, Ealing. An iron church was dedicated in 1903, but was replaced in 1906 by a permanent brick church designed by E. Monson. The iron church was used as a hall until 1960 when a new one was constructed.

From: A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 7: Acton, Chiswick, Ealing and Brentford, West Twyford, Willesden (1982), pp. 35-39.


Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of Saint Martin, West Acton, including registers of baptisms (1903-1988), registers of marriages (1907-1958), registers of banns of marriage (1907-1982), registers of confirmations (1920-1938, 1940-1971), registers of church services (1903-1986), minutes of Committees including the Parochial Church Council (1916-1943), financial records, Churchwardens' Vestry books (1922-1963), papers of church societies including the Choir and Mothers' Union, parish magazines (1909-1911, 1920-1935, 1938-1971), architects' plans (1929-1966), and photographs of church buildings, staff and church activities.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:

System of arrangement:

Records arranged in sub-fonds: A - Parish Registers; B - Church Services; C - Church Personnel; E - Church Buildings; G - Parish Administration; H - Parish Finance; I - Parish Societies; and J - Printed Material.

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information may be subject to access restrictions.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at:

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Records deposited in December 2005 with a further accession in 2009.

Allied Materials

Related material:

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
March to April 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"