AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area


Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/135
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at ›
Date(s): 1900-1998
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 5.88 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of Emmanuel, Northwood | Church of England


Administrative/Biographical history:

The church of Emmanuel, Church Road, Northwood, was founded in 1896 by the Vicar of Holy Trinity, Northwood. Initially it was an iron church, but a permanent building was constructed in 1904, designed by Sir Frank Elgood.

From: A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 4: Harmondsworth, Hayes, Norwood with Southall, Hillingdon with Uxbridge, Ickenham, Northolt, Perivale, Ruislip, Edgware, Harrow with Pinner (1971), pp. 142-144.


Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of Emmanuel, Northwood, including registers of baptisms, marriage, banns of marriage and church services; orders of service; papers of the incumbent; papers relating to parish boundaries; papers relating to the benefice; faculties, inventories, plans, drawings, photographs, reports, contracts and specifications for the church building, vicarage and church hall; Vestry and Parochial Church Council minutes; minutes of other committees; reports and correspondence; financial accounts; correspondence relating to parochial charities; Managers' Minutes, deeds, plans and correspondence relating to the school; papers of church societies and clubs; parish magazines; yearbooks; historical notes and pamphlets; and photographs.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:

System of arrangement:

Listed in accordance with LMA Listing guidelines and classification scheme introduced October 2007. Arranged by sub-fonds then into series; thereafter files are listed in chronological order by creation date.

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at:

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Records deposited in March 1999, with a further accession in May 2001.

Allied Materials

Related material:

For Holy Trinity, Northwood, see DRO/117.

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
March to April 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"