AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

SAINT ALBAN, TEDDINGTON: RICHMOND

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/125/A
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: SAINT ALBAN, TEDDINGTON: RICHMOND
Date(s): 1896-1981
Level of description: Collection
View parent record
Extent: 1.42 linear metres (68 files).
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Albans, Teddington | Church of England

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

The church of Saint Alban was opened in 1889. Some of the fittings were from the old Saint Mary's Church, Teddington; while other fittings included seven silver lamps which were once in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem. The church was amalgamated with Saint Mary's, Teddington in 1975. The building became an arts centre.

From: A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 3: Shepperton, Staines, Stanwell, Sunbury, Teddington, Heston and Isleworth, Twickenham, Cowley, Cranford, West Drayton, Greenford, Hanwell, Harefield and Harlington (1962), pp. 76-79.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of Saint Albans, Teddington, including a series of baptism, banns of marriage and confirmation registers dating from 1909 to 1983; a series of service registers 1919 to 1976; benefice records including correspondence 1943-1953 and sequestrations 1929-1940; papers relating to church buildings including faculties 1897-1956, correspondence and an inventory of church contents along with condition and survey reports 1948-1949; a purchase deed dated 1931; church hall licences for music and dancing 1938-1972; Committee Minutes and electoral rolls 1915 to 1977; financial papers and accounts 1910 to 1981; minutes of Saint Mark's School Managers 1903-1928; and newspaper cuttings, drawings and presentation volumes 1907-1977.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

- Parish Registers DRO/125/A/001-011.
- Church Services/Work of Clergy DRO/125/A/012-030.
- Church Personnel DRO/125/A/031.
- Benefice Records DRO/125/A/032-034.
- Church Buildings: Church DRO/125/A/035-048.
- Church Buildings: Parsonage House DRO/125/A/049.
- Church Buildings: Church Hall DRO/125/A/050-052.
- Parish Administration DRO/125/A/053-058.
- Parish Finance DRO/125/A/059-063.
- Parish Organisations: Charities DRO/125/A/064.
- Parish Organisations: Schools DRO/125/A/065.
- Printed Material/Miscellaneous DRO/125/A/066-068.

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

The records were transfered to Saint Mary's and deposited at the London Metropolitan Archives in 1997.

Allied Materials

Related material:

Related material can be found at Saint Mary, Teddington (DRO/125).


Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
March to April 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING