AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

SAINT PHILIP THE APOSTLE, TOTTENHAM: PHILIP LANE, HARINGEY

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/081
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: SAINT PHILIP THE APOSTLE, TOTTENHAM: PHILIP LANE, HARINGEY
Date(s): 1898-1984
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.22 linear metres (56 files).
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Philip the Apostle,Tottenham | Church of England

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

Saint Philip the Apostle originated in an iron mission church established in 1899 by the London Diocesan Home Mission. The permanent church was built in 1906 and a consolidated chapelry was formed in 1907 from parts of the parishes of Holy Trinity and Christ Church. The Bishop of London was patron of the living. The church was designed in the Perpendicular style and seated 800. The organ came from St. Philip, Clerkenwell.

From: 'Tottenham: Churches', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 5: Hendon, Kingsbury, Great Stanmore, Little Stanmore, Edmonton Enfield, Monken Hadley, South Mimms, Tottenham (1976), pp. 348-355. Available online.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of Saint Philip the Apostle, Tottenham, including registers of baptisms, marriages, confirmations, banns of marriage and church services; papers relating to parish property; papers regarding the church organ; financial accounts; minute books; reports and general correspondence.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

DRO/081/001-028: Parish Registers; DRO/081/029-056: Parish Administration.

Conditions governing access:

Some files are only available on microfilm. Please check access.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Parish records deposited by the Vicar on 14 January 1991.

Allied Materials

Related material:

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
March to April 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING