AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

SAINT PETER, HORNSEY: WIGHTMAN ROAD, HARINGEY

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/038
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: SAINT PETER, HORNSEY: WIGHTMAN ROAD, HARINGEY
Date(s): 1898-1977
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.27 linear metres (37 files).
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Peter, Hornsey | Church of England

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

Saint Peter's, Hornsey, was founded in 1884 as a chapel of ease to the parish church, Saint Mary's. At first the building was a temporary iron structure; a permament building was erected between 1897 and 1905. A consolidated chapelry was formed from Hornsey and part of Tottenham in 1898. In 1977 the parish was combined with the parish of Christ Church, West Green, Tottenham.

From: 'Hornsey, including Highgate: Churches', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 6: Friern Barnet, Finchley, Hornsey with Highgate (1980), pp. 172-182. Available online.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of Saint Peter, Hornsey, including registers of baptisms, marriages, banns of marriage, confirmations, and church services; papers relating to parish boundaries; papers relating to the advowson; Churchwardens' financial accounts; Parochial Church Council minutes; and Vestry minutes.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

Records arranged in 4 sub-fonds: A: Incumbent; B: Churchwardens; C: Parochial Church Council; and D: Vestry.

Conditions governing access:

Some files are only available on microfilm. Please check access.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Deposited on 10 November 1977.

Allied Materials

Related material:

For the parish of Christ Church, West Green see DRO/030.


Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
March to April 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING