AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

SAINT PHILIP, DALSTON: RICHMOND ROAD, HACKNEY

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 P79/PHI
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: SAINT PHILIP, DALSTON: RICHMOND ROAD, HACKNEY
Date(s): 1847-1953
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.14 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of Saint Philip, Dalston | Church of England

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

The site was given by William Rhodes, financed by The Church Building Committee. A district was assigned from part of the parish of Saint John in 1848.

The church was built in 1841 in brick with stone dressings in Early English style. It was bombed in 1940 and demolished between 1947 and 1952. From December 1940 marriages were solemnized at Holy Trinity, Dalston. The last marriage register was closed in 1953 on the union of the parish with Holy Trinity, Dalston.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of Saint Philip, Dalston, including registers of baptisms; registers of marriages; registers of banns and financial accounts ledger.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Records of St Philip's Church, Richmond Road, Dalston, deposited by the Vicar of Holy Trinity with St Philip, Dalston in the Greater London Record Office, on 16 August 1982.

Allied Materials

Related material:

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
March to April 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING