AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

SAINT ANDREW, BATTERSEA: STOCKDALE ROAD, WANDSWORTH

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 P70/AND
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: SAINT ANDREW, BATTERSEA: STOCKDALE ROAD, WANDSWORTH
Date(s): 1886-1962
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.66 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Andrew, Battersea | Church of England

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

Saint Andrew's Church was built in 1886, and stood between Stockdale and Dashwood Roads. It was built of brick with stone dressings in a 13th century style. The church was destroyed by bombing during the Second World War. Services were conducted in a temporary church until the benefice was united with that of Saint George the Martyr, Battersea, in 1954; forming St George with St Andrew, Battersea.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of Saint Andrew, Battersea, including registers of baptisms; registers of marriages; register of confirmations; registers of church services; Churchwardens' financial accounts; and financial accounts of the General Purposes Fund, Sick and Poor Fund, and the Sunday School and Adolescents Fund.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

P70/AND/001-008, 011-012: Parish Registers; P70/AND/009-010: Financial Records; P70/AND/013-017: Service Registers.

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Parish records deposited by the vicar of St George with St Andrew, Battersea in the Greater London Record Office, formerly County Hall, London SE1 30 June 1966.

Allied Materials

Related material:

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
March to April 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING