AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area


Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/116
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at ›
Date(s): 1876-1990
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.07 linear metres (25 files).
Name of creator(s): Parish of St John, Northfields, Ealing | Church of England


Administrative/Biographical history:

The church of Saint John, Northfields, Ealing, was founded in 1865 as a mission church of Christ Church, Ealing. A district was assigned in 1876, taken from the parishes of Christ Church and Saint Mary's. The Bishop of London is patron of the parish. Temporary buildings were used until a permanent church was constructed in 1876 on the corner of Mattock Lane and Broomfield Place. The church was designed by E H Horne in a Gothic style. The church had to be repaired in 1923 after a fire and again in 1928 after a lightning strike. A mission hall was situated on the corner of Northfield Avenue and Dudley Gardens from 1901.

From: A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 7: Acton, Chiswick, Ealing and Brentford, West Twyford, Willesden (1982), pp. 150-153.


Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of Saint John, Northfields, Ealing, consisting of baptism registers 1876-1958, marriage registers 1876-1975, banns of marriages 1939-1987 and confirmation registers 1940-1947; and church service registers 1973-1990.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:

System of arrangement:

The records have been sorted into the following order: - Parish Registers (DRO/116/A); - Church Services (DRO/116/B).

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at:

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

The records of Saint John's Church, Mattock Lane were deposited at the London Metropolitan Archives in 1999.

Allied Materials

Related material:

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
March to April 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"