AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

SAINT PAUL, BRENTFORD: SAINT PAUL'S ROAD, HOUNSLOW

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/060
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: SAINT PAUL, BRENTFORD: SAINT PAUL'S ROAD, HOUNSLOW
Date(s): 1868-1988
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 2.48 linear metres (121 files).
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Paul, Hounslow | Church of England

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

Saint Paul's Church was originally constructed as an iron church provided by the Ealing Ruri-decanal Association to serve the western part of Old Brentford. It was built on the site acquired for the projected new Saint George's Church, and was assigned a district in 1864. The patronage was divided between the Crown and the Bishop of London alternately, but by 1915 it was solely in the gift of the Bishop. The foundation stone for the new ragstone building was laid in December 1867 on a new site, and the church was consecrated in 1868. It was damaged by bombing the the 2nd World War and restored by M. Farey, 1953. Saint Paul's became a Chapel of Ease to Saint Lawrence, New Brentford, 1952 and principal church of the united parish of Brentford from 1961.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of Saint Paul, Old Brentford, including registers of baptisms, marriages, banns of marriage, confirmations and church services; papers relating to the maintenance of church buildings and fittings; Vestry minutes; papers relating to parish charities; papers of the parish school; and parish magazines.

Records of the United Parish of Brentford (Saint Paul with Saint Lawrence and Saint George), including registers of baptisms, marriages and banns of marriage; Parochial Church Council minutes; papers relating to the maintenance of church buildings and fittings; papers relating to parish charities; papers relating to St Lawrence with St Paul's CE School; and parish magazines.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

Records arranged in two series: DRO/060-1: Saint Paul, Old Brentford; and DRO/060-2: The united parish of Saint Paul with Saint Lawrence and Saint George.

Conditions governing access:

Files DRO/060/001-014, 066-075, 084-086 and 088 are not available for consultation, please use microfilms.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Parish records of St Paul's Church, Old Brentford deposited on 14 May 1984 .

Allied Materials

Related material:

For the period 1952-61 please see the united parish of Saint Lawrence with Saint Paul DRO/058/361-363. For Saint George, Old Brentford, see DRO/059.


Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
March to April 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING