AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

SAINT AUGUSTINE, FULHAM: LILLIE ROAD, HAMMERSMITH AND FULHAM

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 P77/AUG
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: SAINT AUGUSTINE, FULHAM: LILLIE ROAD, HAMMERSMITH AND FULHAM
Date(s): 1900-1992
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.83 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Augustine, Fulham | Church of England
Parish of St Oswald, Fulham | Church of England

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

The Mission Chapel of St Augustine was originally in the parish of St Andrew, Fulham. The parish of St Augustine, Lillie Road, Fulham was formed in 1901. St Augustine's Church was destroyed by bombing in October 1940. A temporary church was opened in 1941 over the parish hall.

The marriage register was closed in October 1956 on the union of the parish with St Oswald, Anselm Road, Fulham to form the parish of St Oswald with St Augustine.

St Oswald's became the parish church of the united parish whilst St Augustine's Church was used as a chapel of ease and was relicensed for marriages in October 1956.

In 1973 St Oswalds was declared redundant and St Augustine's become the parish church. The name of the parish was changed to St Augustine, Lillie Road, Fulham. More recently the parish has joined with the parish of St Alban to become St Alban with St Augustine, Margravine Road, Fulham. The patronage is shared between the Bishop of London and the Corporation of London.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of Saint Augustine, Fulham, including registers of baptisms, marriages, banns of marriage, confirmations and church services; Parochial Church Council minutes and financial accounts.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

P77/AUG/001-021, 025: Parish Registers; P77/AUG/022-024: Other Parish Records.

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Records deposited in September 1997.

Allied Materials

Related material:

See P77/ALB for the parish of St Albans, Fulham; and P77/AND for St Andrew's Fulham.


Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
March to April 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING