AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area


Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 P81/ALS
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at ›
Date(s): 1865-1982
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.23 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of All Souls, Hampstead | Church of England


Administrative/Biographical history:

The church of All Souls was founded and endowed by the Reverend Henry Robinson Wadmore, who worked at Saint John's Wood chapel. He was the patron while he was incumbent, after which the patronage passed to the Bishop of London. A district was assigned in 1865. The church was designed by Reverend Wadmore's brother James Wadmore, and was constructed between 1864 and 1865. An extension was added in 1905.

From: A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 9: Hampstead, Paddington (1989), pp. 145-152.


Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of All Souls, Hampstead, including registers of baptisms, marriages, confirmations and banns of marriage; registers of church services; papers relating to parish boundaries including plan; Parochial Church Council minutes and correspondence; offertory books; papers relating to the benefice including terrier and sequestration orders; papers relating to the maintenance of the church and church room, including correspondence, inventories and plans; papers relating to the parish school.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:

System of arrangement:

Records arranged in series: Parish Registers; Church Services/Work of Clergy; Church Personnel; Parish Boundaries; Church Buildings; Benefice; Parish Finance; Parish Administration; and Parish Schools.

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at:

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Parish records deposited by the priest-in-charge, 20 March 1989.

Allied Materials

Related material:

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
March to April 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"