AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area


Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 P77/ALL
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at ›
Date(s): 1674-2003
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 6.01 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of All Saints, Fulham | Church of England


Administrative/Biographical history:

It is not known exactly when the first parish church in Fulham was established but it was probably in the mid-thirteenth century. A church on the existing site was dedicated to All Saints in 1445 however with the notable exception of the fifteenth-century tower the present church is from 1881 and was built to designs by Sir Arthur Blomfield.

Fulham and Hammersmith constituted a single parish right up until 1834. Throughout its history the parish was closely associated with the Bishops of London and with the manor of Fulham over which they had jurisdiction. Several are buried in the churchyard which was closed for general burials in 1863. Two chapels-of-ease were established for the parishioners - Saint Paul Hammersmith in 1631 and Saint Mary North End in 1814. The church still has an active congregation. Current information is available at


Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of All Saints, Fulham, including registers of baptisms, marriages, burials, banns of marriage, confirmations and church services; orders of service; papers of parish organisations including clubs, societies, charities and schools; papers relating to parish boundaries and the benefice; faculties and other papers relating to the construction of the church and the maintenance of the fixtures and fittings; Churchwardens' financial accounts; general financial accounts; Parochial Church Council minutes; Committee minutes; correspondence and publicity material such as appeals leaflets.

C 1675-1997 M 1674-1994 B 1675-1863

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:

System of arrangement:

Records arranged in 12 sub-series: Parish Registers; Church Services/Work of Clergy; Parish Organisations; Parish Boundaries/Benefice; Church Buildings and Churchyard; Churchwardens; Parish Finance; Parish Administration; Charities; Schools; Church Personnel and Printed Material.

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information may be subject to access restrictions. Some items are available only on microfilm.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright to these records rests with the City of London.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at:

Archival Information

Archival history:

Some of the registers were damaged by a fire in the vestry of All Saints' Church in 1923, but none were totally destroyed.

Immediate source of acquisition:

Parish records of All Saints' Church, Fulham Palace Road, Fulham, deposited by the vicar in the Greater London Record Office, The County Hall, London SE1 7PB in November 1980, with further accessions in April 1981 and October 2003.


Allied Materials

Related material:

Publication note:

Sources for parish history: 'A history of Fulham to 1965' by Fulham History Society (Ed. P.D. Whitting) - LMA reference 90.2 Ful; and 'Fulham Old and New' by C.J. Feret - LMA reference 90.2 Fer.

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
March to April 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"