AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

SAINT STEPHEN, EAST TWICKENHAM: RICHMOND ROAD, RICHMOND

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/090
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: SAINT STEPHEN, EAST TWICKENHAM: RICHMOND ROAD, RICHMOND
Date(s): 1874-1984
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 2.58 linear metres (77 files).
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Stephen, East Twickenham | Church of England

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

Saint Stephen's church, East Twickenham, was opened in 1872 as an iron church, and in 1875 as a permanent structure. It replaced the Montpelier chapel which had been constructed as a chapel of ease to the parish church of Saint Mary the Virgin in 1727. Saint Stephen's was assigned a parish from the eastern part of Saint Mary's parish, and the living was invested in trustees.

Source of information: A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 3: Shepperton, Staines, Stanwell, Sunbury, Teddington, Heston and Isleworth, Twickenham, Cowley, Cranford, West Drayton, Greenford, Hanwell, Harefield and Harlington (1962), pp. 157-161.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of Saint Stephen, East Twickenham, including registers of banns of marriage; preachers' books; registers of church services; papers relating to the maintenance and repair of the church, vicarage and mission hall, including correspondence and plans; Churchwardens' financial accounts; Vestry minutes; Parochial Church Council minutes and verger's log book.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

Records arranged in one series: DRO/090-1: Parish Records.

Conditions governing access:

Some files are only available on microfilm. Please check access.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Records deposited in two accessions, on 22 June 1992 and 22 July 1992.

Allied Materials

Related material:

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
March to April 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING