AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area


Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/028
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at ›
Date(s): 1879-1974
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 2.33 linear metres (113 files).
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Andrew, Kingsbury | Church of England


Administrative/Biographical history:

The ancient parish church of Kingsbury was dedicated to St Andrew. In 1884, a new church was built, Holy Innocents, and became the parish church for Kingsbury. All the endowments, emoluments and records of the old church were transferred to the new. In 1885 the Consolidated Chapelry of Neasden-cum-Kingsbury was established and assigned to the old church of St Andrew. In 1933 the Victorian church of St Andrew, Wells Street, Marylebone was re-erected in Kingsbury adjoining the ancient church, and became the parish church for a new parish of St Andrew Kingsbury. It was consecrated in 1934 (see DRO/028/A/03/002). This new parish replaced the chapelry of Neasden-cum-Kingsbury. The records in this collection are those of this latter chapelry and of the new St Andrew's parish.


Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of St Andrew, Kingsbury, including registers of baptisms, marriages, burials, banns of marriage and church services; papers relating to the building of the new church in Kingsbury; Churchwardens' financial accounts; Churchwardens' papers relating to the maintenance of the church fabric and the churchyard; Parochial Church Council minutes, financial accounts and papers; parish magazines and financial accounts of the church school.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:

System of arrangement:

Records arranged in 5 sub-fonds as follows: A: Incumbent; B: Churchwardens; C: Parochial Church Council; D: Parish Magazines and E: Schools.

Conditions governing access:

Some records are only available on microfilm. Please check access.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at:

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Deposited in April 1976.

Allied Materials

Related material:

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
March to April 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"