AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

SAINT MICHAEL AND ALL ANGELS, STONEBRIDGE: HILLSIDE, BRENT

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/112
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: SAINT MICHAEL AND ALL ANGELS, STONEBRIDGE: HILLSIDE, BRENT
Date(s): 1886-1978
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 2.5 linear metres (70 documents).
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Michael and All Angels, Willesden | Church of England
Mission Church of St Cecilia, Acton Lane, Harlesden | Church of England

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

Saint Michael and All Angels began as a series of mission meetings in rented rooms in 1876. In 1879 the meetings moved to Melville Road and in 1885 the London Diocesan Home Mission instituted a new mission. The separate parish was formed in 1892 from the parishes of Saint Mary, Willesden and All Souls, Harlesden. The church, a red brick building in late thirteenth century style, was built in 1891 by Goldie and Child, and enlarged in 1904. It had three missions:
1) Good Shepherd, Acton Lane, Lower Place. Services were held by a curate of Saint Michael's c. 1883. In 1890 a new mission building was erected. The Good Shepherd Mission closed after 1908. It is mentioned in the baptism register DRO/112/008;
2) Saint Cecilia, Acton Lane, Harlesden. This mission church opened in 1895 and closed in 1956. Baptisms performed at the church are recorded in the following registers; DRO/112/008-010. There are also service registers covering the period 1895-1923 (ref. DRO/112/052-053);
3) Saint Peter, Harrow Road, Stonebridge. This mission was in operation from 1902. It closed after 1937.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of St Michael and All Angels, Hillside, Willesden, including registers of baptisms, marriages, banns of marriages and church services; financial accounts; and Parochial Church Council minutes.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

DRO/112/001-054: Parish Registers; DRO/112/055-070: Parish Administration.

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Records deposited in August 1996.

Allied Materials

Related material:

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
March to April 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING