AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area


Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/013
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at ›
Date(s): 1634-1963
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.65 linear metres (283 files).
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Dunstan, Feltham | Church of England


Administrative/Biographical history:

The parish of Feltham stretches from Staines Road in the north to Ashford, Hanworth and Sunbury in the south. In the 12th century the advowson of the parish church of Saint Dunstan was granted to the hospital of Saint Giles in the Fields; after the Reformation, it was held by the owners of the Rectory Manor, also known as the manor of Feltham. The church itself dates to 1808 with some later additions, and is situated in St Dunstan's Road, Lower Feltham, which used to be the centre of the old village.

As the village expanded northwards and the population grew it became necessary to construct Saint Catherine's Church, which was built in 1880 as a chapel of ease. This church closed in 1975.

From: 'Spelthorne Hundred: Feltham', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 2: General; Ashford, East Bedfont with Hatton, Feltham, Hampton with Hampton Wick, Hanworth, Laleham, Littleton (1911), pp. 314-319. Available online.


Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the Parish of St Dunstan with St Catherine, Feltham, including registers of baptisms, banns of marriage, marriages and burials; Churchwarden's papers including financial accounts and papers relating to the construction and maintenance of the church and churchyard; Vestry meeting minutes; papers of the Parish Constable; papers of the Overseers of the Poor including financial accounts, settlement, bastardy and apprenticeship orders and papers regarding the militia; papers of parish charities; papers relating to Feltham National School; copies of the parish magazine; historical notes relating to the church and parish, and papers of the Association for Church Purposes of the Rural Deaneries of Hampton and Staines.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:

System of arrangement:

Arranged in 15 sub-fonds:
A: Incumbent;
B: Churchwardens;
C: Vestry;
D: Parish Clerk;
E: Parish Lands;
G: Constable;
H: Overseers of the Poor;
J: Surveyors of the Highways;
L: Charities;
M: School;
N: Miscellaneous;
O: Enclosure;
P: Parish Magazines;
Q: Historical Notes;
R: Societies and Organisations.

Conditions governing access:

Some files are only available on microfilm. Please check access.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at:

Archival Information

Archival history:

The records were listed at the church by the Middlesex County Record Office in 1963 and 1964.

Immediate source of acquisition:

Deposited in two accessions, in 1965 and 1998.

Allied Materials

Related material:

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
March to April 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"