AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

CHRIST CHURCH, CROUCH END: CRESCENT ROAD, HARINGEY

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/023
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: CHRIST CHURCH, CROUCH END: CRESCENT ROAD, HARINGEY
Date(s): 1862-1923
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.73 linear metres (15 files).
Name of creator(s): Parish of Christ Church, Crouch End | Church of England
St Andrew's Mission Chapel, Crouch End | Church of England

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

Christ Church in Crouch End is situated on the corner of Crouch End Hill and Crescent Road. Services were held in Broadway Hall from 1833 until the church was constructed in 1862, when a district was assigned. The tower and spire were added in 1873 while room for extra seats was added in 1906.

The church of Saint Andrew was opened on Shepherd's Hill, Crouch End, in 1890. Attendance was not as high as expected and the church remained a chapel of ease to Christ Church until it was closed in 1907.

From: 'Hornsey, including Highgate: Churches', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 6: Friern Barnet, Finchley, Hornsey with Highgate (1980), pp. 172-182. Available online.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of Christ Church, Crouch End, including registers of baptisms, marriages and church services; financial accounts of the Churchwardens; Vestry minutes; and Parochial Church Council minutes.

Also records of St Andrew's Mission Chapel, comprising register of baptisms and register of services.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

Records arranged in 2 sub-fonds: 01: Christ Church and 02: St Andrew's Mission Chapel.

Conditions governing access:

DRO/023/II/A/01/001 not available, please use microfilm.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Documents deposited in the Greater London Record Office (as Diocesan Record Office) in October 1971.

Allied Materials

Related material:

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
March to April 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING