AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

HOLY TRINITY, DALSTON: BEECHWOOD ROAD, HACKNEY

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 P79/TRI
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: HOLY TRINITY, DALSTON: BEECHWOOD ROAD, HACKNEY
Date(s): 1847-1972
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.23 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of Holy Trinity, Dalston | Church of England

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

The first ecclesiastical building within the boundaries of this parish was a leper chapel of Saint Catherine. The first minsiter dates from 1623. A district was formed from the parishes of Saint Philip and Saint Mark in 1879. The patron was The Merchant Taylor's Company up to 1937. The building is of red brick in early English style by Ewan Christian and was built 1878/1879. It reopened after war damage, with the south transept reduced in height. The church was united with Saint Philip's, Dalston in 1953 to become the parish of Holy Trinity with Saint Philip, Dalston.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of Holy Trinity, Dalston, including registers of baptisms, marriages and banns; registers of church services; papers and maps regarding parish boundary changes; legal documents and faculties for church buildings; Easter Vestry and Parochial Church Council meeting minutes; minutes of the Sunday Lunch Club.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Records deposited by the Vicar of Holy Trinity with St Philip, Dalston in August 1982. Further records deposited by the Vicar of Holy Trinity with St Philip, Dalston in August 1982; June 1983; and January 1984.

Allied Materials

Related material:

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
March to April 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING