AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

HOLY TRINITY, TOTTENHAM: PHILIP LANE, HARINGEY

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/066
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: HOLY TRINITY, TOTTENHAM: PHILIP LANE, HARINGEY
Date(s): 1858-1981
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 2.17 linear metres (61 documents).
Name of creator(s): Parish of Holy Trinity, Tottenham | Church of England

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

Holy Trinity Church was consecrated on 26 May 1830 as Holy Trinity Chapel. It was assigned a district chapelry from the parish of All Hallows, Tottenham in December 1844. Two new parishes were in turn created from Holy Trinity, Saint Ann, Hanger Lane, in 1861 and Saint Peter, Page Green in 1900. The parishes of Saint Mary the Virgin, Tottenham and Christ Church, West Green were formed partly from Holy Trinity in 1888-9. Saint Peter's Church was declared redundant in 1973 and the parish was reunited with Holy Trinity. In 1980 part of the parish of Saint Bartholomew, Stamford Hill was transferred to Holy Trinity, including Saint John's Worship Centre, Vartry Road, which had replaced the redundant parish church of Saint John, Vartry Road in 1975.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of Holy Trinity, Tottenham, including registers of baptisms, marriages, banns of marriage, confirmations and church services; and preachers' books.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

Records arranged in one series: Parish Records (DRO/066/001-061).

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Parish records of Holy Trinity, Philip Lane, High Cross, Tottenham deposited by the Vicar in the Greater London Record Office, 40 Northampton Road, London EC1R OHB, 24 November 1986.

Allied Materials

Related material:

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
March to April 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING