AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area


Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/018
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at ›
Date(s): 1720-1970
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 2.38 linear metres (222 files).
Name of creator(s): Parish of St George, Hanworth | Church of England


Administrative/Biographical history:

The parish of Hanworth is situated to the east of Feltham. The church of Saint George stands near the ruins of Hanworth Castle. The first recorded mention of the church is dated 1293. The advowson was a grant of the manor, while the living is a rectory. Adam de Brome, the founder of Oriel College, Oxford, was rector of Hanworth in 1315.

From: 'Spelthorne Hundred: Hanworth', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 2: General; Ashford, East Bedfont with Hatton, Feltham, Hampton with Hampton Wick, Hanworth, Laleham, Littleton (1911), pp. 391-396. Available online.


Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the Parish of St George, Hanworth, including registers of baptisms, marriages, burials, banns of marriage, services and confirmations; papers relating to parish boundaries; papers relating to church lands and property; Churchwardens' accounts and papers relating to the maintenance of the church and churchyard; Vestry meeting minutes; papers of the Parochial Church Council including minutes, accounts, and papers relating to the church hall, war graves and parish magazine; accounts of the Overseers of the Poor; papers relating to parish charities; papers relating to Hanworth National School; historical notes; prints and drawings; maps and plans.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:

System of arrangement:

Records arranged in 8 sub-fonds as follows: A: Incumbent; B: Churchwardens; C: Vestry; D: Parochial Church Council; E: Overseers of the Poor; F: Charities; G: Schools; H: Miscellaneous.

Conditions governing access:

Some files are only available on microfilm. Please check access.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at:

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Deposited in December 1968.

Allied Materials

Related material:

Some parish magazines for this church are available in the LMA History Library. Reference: 97.131 (ST.G).

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
March to April 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"