AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

SAINT MARY, HAYES: CHURCH ROAD, HILLINGDON

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/047
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: SAINT MARY, HAYES: CHURCH ROAD, HILLINGDON
Date(s): 1557-1971
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 3.13 linear metres (70 files).
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Mary, Hayes | Church of England

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

The Archbishop of Canterbury held the medieval manor of Hayes, and the church was considered to be part of the Archbishop's peculiar deanery of Croydon (and remained part of this deanery unil 1845). The Archbishop granted the advowson of the vicarage and the manor to the Crown in 1545. The church of Saint Mary dates in part to the 13th century, with additions from the 14th, 15th and 16th centuries. The churchyard was enlarged in the 1860s. Sir Gilbert Scott restored the church in 1873.

From: 'Hayes: Churches', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 4: Harmondsworth, Hayes, Norwood with Southall, Hillingdon with Uxbridge, Ickenham, Northolt, Perivale, Ruislip, Edgware, Harrow with Pinner (1971), pp. 33-36. Available online.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of Saint Mary, Hayes, including registers of baptisms, marriages, burials, banns of marriage, confirmations and church services; papers relating to fees, tithes and endowments; Churchwardens' papers regarding the maintenance of the church fabric and church finances; Parochial Church Council minutes; papers of parish charities; papers of the church bell ringers and maps.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

Records arranged in 6 sub-fonds:- A: Incumbent; B: Churchwardens; C: Parochial Church Council; D: Charities; E: Societies; and F: Miscellaneous.

Conditions governing access:

Files DRO/047/A/01/001-026 are not available for consultation, please use microfilms. Transcripts are available for marriages, Jun 1557 - Apr 1813.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Records deposited 5 August 1981.

Allied Materials

Related material:

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
March to April 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING