AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

SAINT MARY, WEST TWYFORD: BRENTMEAD GARDENS, EALING

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/098
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: SAINT MARY, WEST TWYFORD: BRENTMEAD GARDENS, EALING
Date(s): 1722-1994
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.45 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Mary, West Twyford | Church of England

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

The chapel of Saint Mary, so called circa 1300 and in 1535, stood west of the manor house and was one of the smallest churches in Middlesex, seating around 40 people. It was rebuilt circa 1712 by Frederick Herne and in 1800 was a plain gabled building of brick with round-headed windows, a western entrance, and a bellcot. Thomas Willan and his architect William Atkinson removed the road between the church and the manor house, covering both buildings with cement to give the appearance of stone, and embellishing them with Gothic details. To accommodate a growing population, a church hall was built in 1937 and used for worship until in 1958 a new church, incorporating the old one as a Lady Chapel, was built to the design of N. F. Cachemaille-Day.

From: 'West Twyford: Church', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 7: Acton, Chiswick, Ealing and Brentford, West Twyford, Willesden (1982), pp. 175-176.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of Saint Mary, West Twyford, including registers of baptisms, marriages, burials, banns of marriage, confirmation and church services; correspondence and working papers of the incumbents; papers regarding parish missions; papers relating to the construction and maintenance of the church and church hall; Parochial Church Council minutes, correspondence, reports and papers; financial records; papers of the Mothers' Union and historical notes.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

Listed in accordance with LMA Listing guidelines and classification scheme introduced October 2007. Arranged by sub-fonds then into series and (where appropriate) sub-series; thereafter files are listed in chronological order by creation date.

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Records deposited in June 1994 and March 1996.

Allied Materials

Related material:

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
March to April 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING