AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

LADY MARGARET CHURCH, WALWORTH: CHATHAM STREET, SOUTHWARK

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 P92/LDM
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: LADY MARGARET CHURCH, WALWORTH: CHATHAM STREET, SOUTHWARK
Date(s): 1884-1977
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.46 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Lady Margaret Church, Walworth | Church of England

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

Lady Margaret Church originated in the Saint John's College Cambridge Mission, founded in 1883 in Lock's Fields. In 1889 a site on Chatham Street was donated for a permanent church and a parish was assigned. The church was closed in 1966. The parish was united with Saint John's (P92/JN) and became a chapel of ease within that parish. It was declared redundant in 1983 and was leased by the Cherubim and Seraphim church.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Papers of Lady Margaret Church, Chatham Street, Walworth including registers of baptisms, banns and marriages; Vestry and Parochial Church Council minutes; financial records; church services registers; papers of church clubs and societies; faculties; a history of the church; and parish magazines.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Deposited by the Vicar in various accessions in October 1953, November 1956, February 1966, March, April and July 1977, March 1980 and November 1989.

Allied Materials

Related material:

Publication note:

See the Diocese of Southwark website http://www.southwark.anglican.org/parishes/ for more information (accessed May 2010).

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
April to June 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING