AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

SAINT BARNABAS, SAINT MARYLEBONE: BELL STREET, WESTMINSTER

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 P89/BAN
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: SAINT BARNABAS, SAINT MARYLEBONE: BELL STREET, WESTMINSTER
Date(s): 1885-1947
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.27 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Barnabas, Marylebone | Church of England

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

Saint Barnabas' Church was consecrated in 1865. The church was badly damaged by bombing during the Second World War. From 1941 the parish was administered by the Rector of Christ Church, Cosway Street, with St John's Wood Chapel, who was based at St John's House. The reorganisation scheme for Marylebone proposed that Saint Barnabas' Church should be closed and the parish united with Christ Church, Cosway Street (P89/CTC). The scheme was ratified legally by Order in Council in March 1952, though it had been put into effect in practice by 1948.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of Saint Barnabas, Bell Street, Saint Marylebone, comprising registers of baptisms and marriages.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Parish records deposited by the Rector in Marylebone Library in 1971, and transferred to the Greater London Record Office [now LMA], 18 April 1980.

Allied Materials

Related material:

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
April to June 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING