AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

HOLY TRINITY, NEWINGTON: TRINITY CHURCH SQUARE, SOUTHWARK

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 P92/TRI
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: HOLY TRINITY, NEWINGTON: TRINITY CHURCH SQUARE, SOUTHWARK
Date(s): 1820-1970
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 3.76 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of Holy Trinity, Newington | Church of England

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

Holy Trinity was constructed in 1823-24 to designs by F. Bedford. The church was closed in 1960 and then gutted by fire in 1973. It was subsequently converted into use as a recording studio.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of Holy Trinity, Trinity Church Square, Newington, including registers of baptisms, marriages and burials; registers of church services; parish magazines; financial accounts; minutes and other papers of the Trustees for Executing Act for 'building two new churches in St Mary Newington'; annual reports of the Southwark Female Society; and minutes of the Parochial Church Council.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Deposited by the Rector in the London County Record Office, 1 July 1953. Further records received in 1997.

Allied Materials

Related material:

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
April to June 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING