AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

SAINT JUDE, KENSAL GREEN: LANCEFIELD STREET, WESTMINSTER

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 P87/JUD
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: SAINT JUDE, KENSAL GREEN: LANCEFIELD STREET, WESTMINSTER
Date(s): 1878-1959
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.92 linear metres (20 documents).
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Jude, Kensal Green | Church of England

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

Saint Jude's was constructed in 1878, while the parish was assigned in 1879 from the parish of Saint John, Kensal Green (P87/JNE2). The parish was united with the parishes of Saint Luke (P87/LUK1) and Saint Simon (P87/SIM) in 1952. The church was used as a chapel of ease for a few years, but in 1959 it was closed and later demolished.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of Saint Jude, Lancefield Street, Kensal Green, including registers of baptisms and marriages; register of church services; Parochial Church Council minutes and annual reports.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Parish records of St Jude's Church deposited by the vicar in the Marylebone Library, July 1978, and transferred to the Greater London Record Office (now LMA), 18 April 1980.

Allied Materials

Related material:

Publication note:

For further information see 'Paddington: Churches', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 9: Hampstead, Paddington (1989), pp. 252-259.

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
April to June 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING