AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

EMMANUEL, LAMBETH: DISTIN STREET, LAMBETH

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 P85/EMM1
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: EMMANUEL, LAMBETH: DISTIN STREET, LAMBETH
Date(s): 1869-1966
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.52 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of Emmanuel, Lambeth | Church of England

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

The parish of Lambeth Emmanuel was formed in 1869. Emmanuel Church is a small building of brick with stone dressings; the west end is directly on the street face (Distin Street) and contains the principal doorway below a large window. The other sides are closed in by houses.

From: 'Lambeth: The parish', A History of the County of Surrey: Volume 4 (1912), pp. 50-64.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of Emmanuel, Distin Street, Lambeth, including registers of baptisms, marriages and banns; Parochial Church Council minutes; account book; registers of church services; terrier and inventory.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Parish records deposited by the vicar of St Anselm's, Kennington on 10 Feb 1955. Further records of Emmanuel Church deposited by the Team Vicar, St Anselm, Parish of North Lambeth, 11 November 1977.

Allied Materials

Related material:

For Saint Anselm see P85/ANS.


Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
April to June 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING