AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

SAINT MICHAEL AND ALL ANGELS, SOUTHWARK: LANT STREET, SOUTHWARK

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 P92/MAA
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: SAINT MICHAEL AND ALL ANGELS, SOUTHWARK: LANT STREET, SOUTHWARK
Date(s): 1881-1967
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.82 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Michael and All Angels, Southwark | Church of England

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

The church of Saint Michael and All Angels was constructed in 1886, to the designs of A.S. Newman. The church was closed in 1953. The parish was united with Saint George the Martyr in October 1956, and in the same year the church building was converted for use as a parish hall by Saint George's. The church was demolished in 2004 and the site was sold.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of Saint Michael and All Angels, Lant Street, Southwark; including registers of baptisms, banns and marriages; registers of services; faculties, plans and other papers relating to church building alterations and maintenance; sequestration papers; photographs; annual reports; and parochial statistics.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Records deposited by the rector of St George the Martyr, Southwark in the London County Record Office, December 1957 and May 1964. Additional parish records deposited by the Parish Priest of St. George the Martyr, Southwark in the Greater London Record Office, December 1988.

Allied Materials

Related material:

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
April to June 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING