AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

SAINT JOHN THE BAPTIST, KENTISH TOWN: HIGHGATE ROAD, CAMDEN

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 P90/JNB
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: SAINT JOHN THE BAPTIST, KENTISH TOWN: HIGHGATE ROAD, CAMDEN
Date(s): 1804-1990
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 3.38 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St John the Baptist, Kentish Town | Church of England

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

The church of Saint John the Baptist originated in the Kentish Town Chapel, which moved to Highgate Road in 1784. The building was designed by James Wyatt in a neo-classical style. Enlargement of the building was needed in 1817 and then in 1843-45. The church was assigned a separate parish in 1868. By this date it was known as Saint John the Baptist, although it was never officially dedicated. The church was declared redundant in 1993 and is now used by the Christ Apostolic Church.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of Saint John the Baptist, Highgate Road, Kentish Town, including registers of baptisms, marriages and burials; church services registers; maps showing parish boundaries; parish magazines; correspondence and photographs.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Records deposited in April 1993, February 1994 and July 2005.

Allied Materials

Related material:

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
April to June 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING