AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

SAINT OLAVE, SILVER STREET: CITY OF LONDON

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 P69/OLA3
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: SAINT OLAVE, SILVER STREET: CITY OF LONDON
Date(s): 1630-1907
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 2.54 linear metres (112 production units).
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Olave, Silver Street, City of London | Church of England

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

Saint Olave Silver Street was the parish church of the silversmiths. The church was destroyed during the Great Fire of London and was not rebuilt. The parish was united with Saint Michael Wood Street.

The church of Saint Mary Staining was destroyed in the Great Fire and not rebuilt. The parish united with Saint Michael Wood Street in 1670 and Saint Alban Wood Street in 1894. The church of Saint Michael Wood Street was burned in the Great Fire, rebuilt by Wren 1670-5 and demolished in 1894, when the parish united with that of Saint Alban Wood Street.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of Saint Olave, Silver Street, City of London, including register of baptisms, marriages and burials; Vestry minute books; Churchwarden's accounts; poor rate books and church rate books.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

The catalogue has been arranged in sections each with a code as follows: A Parish registers, B Vestry and parish officers, C Rate assessments and inhabitants lists, D Charities and estates, E Parish schools.

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information may be subject to access restrictions.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

The archives of the united parishes have been deposited in the Manuscripts Section of Guildhall Library at various dates since 1897. The most recent deposit was in 1966. The Guildhall Library Manuscripts Section merged with the London Metropolitan Archives in 2009.

Allied Materials

Related material:

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
April to June 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING