AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area


Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 P69/MTN4
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at ›
Date(s): 1539-1954
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 7.86 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Martin Pomeroy, City of London | Church of England


Administrative/Biographical history:

The church of Saint Martin Pomeroy was situated near an apple orchard which gave it its name. It was destroyed during the Great Fire of 1666 and not rebuilt. The parish was united with Saint Mary Colechurch and Saint Olave Jewry in 1670. The united parishes were merged with Saint Mildred Poultry in 1871 and Saint Margaret Lothbury in 1886.


Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of Saint Martin Pomeroy, Ironmonger Lane, Church of England, including registers of baptisms, marriages and burials; Vestry minutes; Churchwardens' accounts; Overseers' payments; and poor rate books.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:

System of arrangement:

The catalogue has been arrranged in sections each with an archival classification code as follows: A Parish registers; B Vestry and parish officers; C Rate assessments and inhabitants lists.

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information may be subject to access restrictions.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at:

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

The records of St Margaret Lothbury and the united parishes have been deposited in the Manuscripts Section of Guildhall Library at various dates. The most recent deposit was in 2006. The Guildhall Library Manuscripts Section merged with the London Metropolitan Archives in 2009.

Allied Materials

Related material:

United to Saint Margaret Lothbury (P69/MGT1). In 1891, administration of the charitable gifts and bequests of these parishes was transferred to the City Parochial Foundation. Deeds relating to the gifts and bequests of St Olave Jewry and St Mildred Poultry have been deposited amongst the records of the City Parochial Foundation [St Olave Jewry: 1509/10-1790, Ms 23737/119-25; St Mildred Poultry: 1759-80, Ms 23737/117].

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
April to June 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"