AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

SAINT PAUL, PADDINGTON: HARROW ROAD, WESTMINSTER

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 P87/PAU
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: SAINT PAUL, PADDINGTON: HARROW ROAD, WESTMINSTER
Date(s): 1869-1948
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.77 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Paul, Paddington | Church of England

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

Saint Paul's originated in a temporary church set up as a chapel of ease for the parish of Holy Trinity (P87/TRI). A permanent church was constructed in 1873 and a parish assigned, taken from part of the parish of Holy Trinity. The church was bombed in 1940 and demolished in 1953. The parish was reunited with Holy Trinity.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of Saint Paul, Harrow Road, Paddington, including registers of baptisms and marriages; papers of the incumbents; Vestry and Parochial Church Council minutes; financial accounts; faculties and other papers relating to the maintenance of the church fabric.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Records of St Pauls Church Harrow Road, Paddington, deposited in the London County Record Office, 8 Oct 1963.

Allied Materials

Related material:

Publication note:

For further information see 'Paddington: Churches', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 9: Hampstead, Paddington (1989), pp. 252-259.

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
April to June 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING