AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area


Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 P94/FAI
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at ›
Date(s): 1869-1966
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.82 linear metres (20 files).
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Faith, Stoke Newington | Church of England


Administrative/Biographical history:

Saint Faith's originated in a mission church established in 1868. A district was assigned to the church in 1873, and in the same year a permanent church building was constructed. The church was badly damaged in 1944. The parish of Saint Faith was united with Saint Matthias by Order in Council dated 13 December 1951 to form the parish of Saint Faith with Saint Matthias. The church of Saint Faith was subsequently closed and demolished, and Saint Matthias Church became the parish church of the united parish. The Saint Faith register of baptisms was used as the register of baptisms for the united parish.

From: 'Stoke Newington: Churches', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 8: Islington and Stoke Newington parishes (1985), pp. 204-211.


Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of Saint Faith, Londesborough Road, Stoke Newington, comprising registers of baptisms, registers of marriages, registers of church services; Parochial Church Council and Vestry minutes; and photographs.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:

System of arrangement:

The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at:

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Records deposited in 1974.

Allied Materials

Related material:

For the church of All Saints see P94/ALL and for the church of Saint Matthias see P94/MTS.

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
April to June 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"