AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

HOLY TRINITY, PADDINGTON: BISHOPS BRIDGE ROAD, WESTMINSTER

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 P87/TRI
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: HOLY TRINITY, PADDINGTON: BISHOPS BRIDGE ROAD, WESTMINSTER
Date(s): 1846-1983
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 2.68 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of Holy Trinity, Paddington | Church of England

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

Holy Trinity, Paddington was established in 1846. In 1947, the parish of Saint Paul, Harrow Road (P87/PAU) was united with Holy Trinity, becoming known as Holy Trinity with Saint Paul's, Paddington. The parish church on Bishop's Bridge Road (formerly Bishop's Road) was closed in 1971 because it had become unsafe and was then demolished in the 1980's. Worship continued during that period in the community hall. Holy Trinity was amalgamated with Saint James, Sussex Gardens (P87/JS) in March 1981 to form the larger parish of Saint James, Paddington.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of Holy Trinity, Bishop's Bridge Road, Paddington, including registers of baptisms and marriages; preacher's books; registers of church services; Vestry and Parochial Church Council minutes; financial records; parish magazines; press cuttings; papers relating to the parish schools; and faculties for alterations to the church building.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.

Conditions governing access:

Unless otherwise indicated, these records are available for general access.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Records deposited in October 1963, with further deposits in July 1993 and June 1996.

Allied Materials

Related material:

Publication note:

For further information see 'Paddington: Churches', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 9: Hampstead, Paddington (1989), pp. 252-259.

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
April to June 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING